Monday, July 21, 2008

The countdown to school

It's hard to believe there's only 16 more days until school starts again! This summer has sure gone by fast. But...I will say I am ready to get back on the routine AND get back to work. OK, I know that sounds weird. Two and a half months with 2 boys who are bored to death and a toddler who doesn't speak much English...going back to work sounds pretty nice. Only part time though. Alanna will be going to a pre-k/daycare M,W,F and hopefully getting some speech therapy there as well. I think she is missing the classroom setting and all her friends, so I'm sure she'll love it. The day we toured the school, she said "bye, bye mama" and was ready to stay right then. Plus they have a lot more toys there than we do at home. How fun is that!

Alanna is learning a lot of new words and communicating a little better each week. She still likes to carry a conversation with just about anyone. Maybe she's hoping to find someone who will talk back to her...in Chinese. It's a little awkward when we are in the store waiting in line and she will start talking to the person behind us...in Chinese of course. They just look a me, waiting for the translation. Sorry, wu bu dong (I don't understand either)!

Her favorite new saying is "I'm hungry!" People must think I never feed her, because she'll ask for food ALL DAY LONG. She has even awaken in the middle of the night crying "I want turkey! I want food!". She is by no means starving in this house! She has managed to shed a little of her protruding belly, now that she is eating normal portions for a 3 year old.

Words Alanna has learned:
The bedtime prayer "I now I lay me down to sleep..."
God wants me to have courage to obey (this was a memory verse from church)
A, B, C, D, 1-10, yellow, red, blue, green, circle, nose
I'm hungry, I'm tired, wait, see you later, help please, a little bit
turkey, salsa (we love Mexican food), cereal

Words Alanna is working on:
I love you (not so good at the "v" sound, it comes out as "I like you")
milk (sounds more like nyuck)
pool (sounds more like "cool")

1 comment:

Ronda B! said...

Wow - how time flies!!! SOOO glad to see and hear of all the great stuff going on! We miss you guys and miss the Lutz's too! Keep rockin'on, Mary says, "HI"!!!!

Love Ronda, Robert & Mary Businda