I have been struggling with allergies, ear infections, headaches and fatigue for the past month. I think I've seen the Dr. more the past month than I ever have in a years time. Not so good for the pocketbook either. Well, Monday, my throat started hurting, or should I say it felt like it was on fire. Yesterday, the day of our travel meeting, I started running a fever and feeling really yuck. First off, I am not one to be a fan of taking medicine unless absolutely necessary. I try the natural route first, when possible. But here I am, about to travel in 13 days and I'll do whatever it takes to get rid of this funk! I went to the Dr. AGAIN this morning and I have a throat infection and it's going into my chest. LOVELY! What's up with that!? More antibiotics for me!Right after, I saw a friend from church. She assured she would pray for me and offered me an encouraging word: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10. Thanks Celeste, I needed that!
On my way home from the Dr., I looked out my window and right there, smack in front of my face, was a ladybug on my window! I rarely see ladybugs where we live, but I guess this one was sent especially for me! Not to mention, an adoptive friend sent me an adorable ladybug purse and wallet yesterday to use on our trip. Hmmm? What interesting timing!
Well, I'm officially claiming VICTORY over this sickness!! So long, fare well, brighter days are ahead!
1 comment:
Yes, Nancy...you claim that victory!! You're in my prayers too! You have to get better soon!! My goodness...can you believe that you are only a couple weeks away from having your precious little girl?! I can't wait to see those first pictures of Alanna with her new mommy and daddy!! I'm soooooo excited!!
Sending my wishes that you will be feeling 100% before you travel!
Erin DeNicolo
Post a Comment